Monday 28 June 2021

One reason I don't play online

 This post was originally going to be another one about very short losses by people who should know better. I downloaded the latest set of games from TWIC and sorted them by length, to find likely candidates. I quickly discovered that almost all the miniatures I was looking at occurred in online events. I'm assuming with the games played at a fast time limit (3m+1s) that mistakes will happen, but these were pretty horrible. Clearly the online chess boom has made chess more popular, but at least in this format, there is a price to be paid.

Here is one example of what I am talking about!


Zhukov,Anton (2174) - Boyer,Mahel (2412) [A01]
Titled Tuesday 15th June chess.com INT (5), 15.06.2021


1 comment:

Kevin Bonham said...

Nigel Short has just tweeted that he just won this against a "2715 GM" (not sure if that is real rating or online rating): "1.c4 b6 2.g3 Bb7 3.Bg2 Bxg2 0-1"