Tuesday 11 February 2020

I don't think this year will be as good as the last

As noted previously, 2019 was quite a successful year for me as a chess player. I don't think this will be the case with 2020.
Instead of starting the year with an undefeated streak lasting almost 6 months, I have already lost a game, in only my third try. Playing Paul Dunn, I managed to drop a piece (and a pawn) to a two mover, and he carefully nursed the position to its inevitable conclusion. Having played Paul as far back as the late 1980's / early 1990's, this is actually the first time he has beaten me in a tournament game. When I checked with him to confirm this, his instant reply of 'Yes!' indicated he was well aware of this fact.
Of course I have plenty of time to turn this around, but I'm note sure that 2020 will see any great heroics from me over the board.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It's indeed the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 KG less than us.

(Just so you know, it is not related to genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING to do with "how" they are eating.)

BTW, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

CLICK this link to determine if this easy questionnaire can help you discover your real weight loss possibilities