Thursday 19 November 2015

Gluing it together

A few months ago I posted about an online replay system for DGT broadcasts. At the time it  was still in development, although it has now reached a stage where it is at least useful. Somewhat further back I also posted about javascript chess engines, although at the time I hadn't really found any.
Over the last few days I have been gluing both of these ideas together, to provide a game replay system with online analysis.
An example of the current state of the project can be found at http://tournaments.streetchess.net/dgtreplay/_php/showTournamentPage.php Currently it is using the Garbochess engine which you can start and stop by clicking on the 'Click for analysis' tag. As it runs in the browser, speed often depends on the desktop machine it is running on, but searches 12 or 13 ply fairly quickly on my machine. However, I have come across a couple of javascript versions of Stockfish, which run significantly faster. Over the next day or two I will test integrating stockfish into the system, and if it goes well, will update the pages.

No comments: