Wednesday 15 February 2012

The look alike game

I'm convinced that everyone in the world has a double. Of course with 6 billion people on the planet the chances of someone looking like someone else are pretty high. For example, if you've ever seen  "Comprehensive Chess Course", it may look like I'm on the cover, but I can assure you it is someone else.
Armed with this information, you can even turn this into a game. In a non-chess setting you can try and spot "chess" look alikes.  It doesn't have to be an exact replica, but they must have enough similarity for your opponent to agree that their is some resemblance. (It might be the physique or a haircut that tips you off). While I was in Sydney last weekend my son spotted "Stephen Solomon" walking along Broadway, while I saw "Trent Parker" in a bookshop. (Actually the real Trent Parker was winning the NSW Country Championship in Newcastle at that time!).
You get a point for every look alike you spot. However if you spot a look alike and it turns out to be the actual person, then you instantly win the game. This is why you need to play in a non-chess setting, otherwise the game is too easy.

1 comment:

Paul Dunn said...

I once saw "Tim Reilly" on the ANU Campus, only to be informed by you that he has a twin brother. How many points do I get for that?