Wednesday 5 April 2023

The 1000 puzzle challenge

 To try and motivate some of my chess students I have set them quite a big challenge over the next 3 weeks. I've asked them to do 1000 puzzles at lichess.org before then end of the school holidays. This is approximately 50 puzzles a day, although they can do more/less in a day if they choose.

The rules are simple

1. The puzzle category is up to you (I am mainly working on endings, but have choses general tactics and some openings)

2. It doesn't matter if you get 100% (or even 20%). Just trying to solve them is the goal

3. But ... you should retry the ones you got wrong before you start the next days set

4. Your final score/rating does not matter to anyone but yourself


To see how hard it is, I am doing the challenge as well. At this stage I have completed 150 puzzles (3 days) an I'm guessing I have probably only got 50% to 60% correct (I started at 5/25!)

As I will be very busy for the next 12 days, I suspect I may have to solve the bulk of them in the last 5 days of the challenge


No comments: