The workshop will be run by IM Andras Toth and will cover a number of topics followed by a lunch break and a simul.
This is a great opportunity to listen to one of the top Canberra players explain various aspects of chess and participate in a simul.
Andras will focus on aspects of chess beauty and will include the following topics in the workshop:
- Analysing some really nice lesser known games;
- Some of the nicest moves ever made in chess history;
- Chess curiosities, stalemates and records;
- Chess mathematics and studies exploiting the geometry of the chess board;
- Deeper analysis of some specific studies and problems;
The lecture will start at 9:30 am sharp at Campbell High School and lunch will be taken at around 12:00 pm.
The simul will commence at approx 1:00 pm.
The total cost is $15 per person which can be paid on the day in cash.
The workshop is open to all senior players and junior players with a rating over 1200.
Numbers are LIMITED to 20.
If you are interested in taking part, contact Glenn Ingham at firstname.lastname@example.org