Monday 7 November 2011

A gift that keeps on giving

The tactical idea of taking advantage of a bishop on g4 by playing Bxf7+ and following it up with Nxe5+  barely earns the title of 'sacrifice', especially as it turns up time and time again. I've lost count of the number of times it has happened in my games, but there are still players who fail to see it coming. The latest incarnation of the idea occurred in one of my online games that finished recently. A misplayed King's Gambit by my opponent turned into a tactical rout once his king was dragged around the board.

Press,Shaun - royalbishop [C30]
chess.com match, 06.11.2011


3 comments:

Paul said...

The King's Gambit still has bite to it,,,

Anonymous said...

HEHE Paul, this funny game doesn't prove much...

Cheers

Henrik Mortensen

Paul said...

I'll Take it friend...:-)