Friday 25 October 2024

Sweet home Amaroo

 I am now back in Canberra, and looking forward to running Street Chess tomorrow. The 3 months away certainly had a number of highlights, but to spend the next 3 weeks writing them on this blog would be a little boring. Nonetheless, if you run across me in person, I'm always happy to share a story or two.

Topics may or may not include:

  • Sharing a flight to Warsaw with Magnus Carlsen and Hans Neimann
  • Running into Hikaru Nakamura and Kris Littlejohn at a London railway station
  • Making around 240 chess players very happy at one time
  • Making 1 FIDE President unhappy at another time
  • Being asked 'Did you used to be a FIDE Master?'
  • How I thought I was going to be murdered 'Jonathan Creek' style?
  •   How I made an elderly lady's day when discussing Australian immigration policy
  • Why there are teeth marks at St Martins Theatre
  • How to win $1000 writing about chess


No comments: