Sunday 27 October 2024

Castling very short

 I've only been back two and a half days, and I have already been the arbiter at 2 events. Yesterday was my normal Street Chess event, while today was the ACTJCL Spring Rapid.

As it was a junior event (with some new players), I was trying to keep a close eye on the games, in case anything weird happened. So when I wandered past a game where it was still in the opening, and the White King was on f1 and the White Rook was on e1, I began to suspect something had gone wrong. However the two players seemed unconcerned (despite the rook on e1 pinning a piece to the Black King) so I waited until the end of the game to check what had happened.

It turned out I as right not to involve myself, as the game actually began 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Bxc6 dxc6 5.Nxe5 Qd4 6.Nf3 Qxe4+ 7.Qe2 Qxe2+ 8.Kxe2 Nf6 9.Re1 Be7 10.Kf1 , which matched the position I saw


No comments: