Sunday 13 June 2010

2010 NSW Open Day 2

After the numerous upsets in round 2 of the 2010 NSW Open, normalcy has been restored, with the top seeds clawing their way back to the top. In the round 5 top board clash, GM Zong Yuan Zhao defeated IM Gary Lane to move back into the lead. Joining him on 4.5/5 is Gareth Oliver, while the Rej v McNamara game on board 2 (which is still in progress) would also see the winner reaching 4.5.
In the Under 1600 event Axel Stahnke and Willis Lo are leading with 5 wins from 5 rounds, and will play in tomorrow's morning round.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Hello,

My name is Josh and I'm the co-creator of ChessVideos.TV. On our wiki, I'm assembling a chess blog directory. I've added your blog to the list, but was wondering if you wanted to submit a short description of your site for inclusion in the directory. The directory is still in its very early stages, but is expanding rapidly.

If you're interested, please send me an email (listed on my contact page).

Thanks!