Friday 5 October 2007

Cheap Chess Computers

In my never ending quest for cheap chess computers I think I have found a new leader. I saw a "Keyring Chess Computer" on sale at a local games shop for $14.95. Although I didn't open it up and have a go it looked legit, as it was an Excalibur brand computer. It seemed to be an even smaller version of the hand held chess computers they already sell.
In the end I decided not to shell out for it, as I find the displays on these kind of computers very difficult to read.
I also download a chess "widget" for Google desktop the other day, to see how they performed. The free widget (which I won't name) proved the adage "You get what you pay for" when my first game with it went 1.e4 Nh6? 2.d4 Ng8? 3.Bc4 b6 4.Qf3 Bb7?? 5.Qxf7# Straight into the bin after that.

**Edit: Language used in comments on this post may offend some readers. It is your decision to read it or not

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You get what you pay for"

Wives do not fuck as well as prostertutes and prostertutes do not fuck as well as sluts.