Wednesday 20 July 2016

You can find tricks in any opening

There are plenty of weird and wonderful openings I have played, but there is also just as many I haven't tried. One opening I've never really looked at is the Chigorin Defence to the Queens Gambit (1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6).  I was asked about it at the chess club tonight, and while confessing a limited knowledge of the main ideas, I still prattled on about it, not realising I was confusing it with the Nimzowisch Defence (1.e4 Nc6).
To rectify this I had a quick search for an interesting/exciting game in the proper Chigorin. I discovered one originally presented in the book "Take my Rooks" by Minev and Seirawan. While probably not representative of a typical Chigorin, it does show that Black can get some nice attacking play, as long as he is willing to toss some material.


Baksa - Szimonidesz [D07]
1960



5 comments:

Salman Nur said...


Wow very nice blog site .Really it is a one of the best blog site I am very impressed to your post. Thank you so much for sharing this post.
dehumidifier price in Bangladesh

Salman Nur said...

Really it is a very interesting blog site. And your posts are very beautiful, I am very impressed for your post. And thank you so much for sharing this post.
dehumidifier price in Bangladesh

Salman Nur said...

Great post . Thank you so much for sharing this post with us. diploma in engineering

Salman Nur said...

I will be grateful to the author for selecting this amazing article relevant to my topic. Here is a detailed summary of the article’s subject matter that was particularly useful to me. web development company in Bangladesh

Salman Nur said...

I just found your post by searching on google, I'm fascinated and learned a lot of new things from your post. I try to learn new and always new skills in blogging because I believe that blogging is a full-time job to learn new things day in and day out. Thank you so much for sharing this post with us web development company in Bangladesh