Sunday 31 August 2008

The most awesome chess book ever

This morning my wife finished reading her latest Mills&Boon, and at the back she discovered a blurb for their next awesome blockbuster. She insisted on sharing it with me.

74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber
Teri Polgar is living a life she couldn't have dreamed of a few years ago. But she fears her famous chess champion husband Bobby, is hiding something - he says he is "protecting his queen" though she knows it's not the chess he's talking about, but her.


Just for shear kitsch value I am going to hunt this book down (probably at the checkout of my local supermarket) and add it to my collection of chess books. Will I read it? Probably not but people have dared me to do dumber things.

(*Disclaimer: I have no connection with the Mills&Boon publishing company. Believe me, absolutely no connection at all *)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds riveting. Reminds me of the time I went out with an Irish Catholic. Very frustrating. You can take the Girl out of Cork..........

Kevin Bonham said...

Unfortunately, I would probably read this volume cover to cover just to see how many mistakes of exactly what kind concerning chess were in it. However I shan't be going out of my way to find it.