Tuesday 16 February 2021

Will any square do?

 Due to a couple of factors I found myself having difficulty in concentrating on my club game this evening. After using a lot of my time failing to come up with anything concrete, I instead simply starting putting my pieces on nice looking squares. Surprisingly, it turned out (in post game analysis) that most of these squares were the right squares for my pieces. Except for one. On move 18 I hallucinated a combination that I thought was winning for me, but it turned out only to lead to a draw. What I missed in my eagerness to play it was an in between move where the combi works basically the same, but my opponents pieces are on slightly different squares, leading to a win for me!


Mayen,Gabriel - Press,Shaun [A48]
Rama Memorial, 16.02.2021


No comments: