Sunday 14 June 2015

Chess sets mainly to look at

I came across not 1, but 2 articles on interesting designs for chess sets today, and I thought I would share both with you. There is some overlap between the two articles, but if you, like me, enjoy looking at interesting and offbeat sets, then it is worth reading both articles.
Some of the sets have been featured on this blog before (both mention the Bauhaus design set I like very much), while some are new to me (the typographical set jumped out at me). Of course while I like the look of these sets, and would even consider buying a few, I would never actually play a game on most of them!
The two articles are "28 Coolest Chess Sets that Could Blow Your Mind" and "30 Unique Home Chess Sets"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the 4/2014 issue of the German chess cultural magazine KARL they had a number of odd sets (some were only artists paintings) including fruits versus vegetables, coal versus solar, and matchbox

Chess Sets said...

I came across not 1, but 2 articles on interesting designs for chess sets today, and I thought I would share both with you. There is some overlap ... ichesssets.blogspot.com