Monday 10 October 2011

And speaking of chess videos

Having highlighted the Kasparov v Short video in yesterdays post, I cam across another source of online videos today.
Kerry Stead has his own blog, melbournegamescoach.blogspot.com There are two things that make this different from most chess blogs. Firstly it has a number of videos that Kerry has made himself, and secondly, it covers the other thing that Kerry is quite good at, poker. He has produced a couple of videos of his games from the recent Ryde-Eastwood tournament, as well as a couple of poker videos. He has also promised to produce a video series on the evil 'Broken Arrow' variation of the Modern ( 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.d5 Bxc3+). As I have found this one of the more annoying lines to face as white, I'm certainly looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Jeremy Reading said...

Shaun,
I used to play that as black all the time! Though I stopped after the hiding Ian Rout gave me in the ANU masters this year. You should check out the game. Until I find a way to play against the pawn sacrifice e4, I will be playing a different variation. (When I actually find time to study the line!)
Jeremy

Shaun Press said...

It was your game against me that I was thinking about when I wrote about how evil it is. I better revisit your game against Rout!