Friday 29 August 2008

A couple of new websites

Over the last 6 months I've registered on so many chess related websites that I've begun to lose track of which ones they are. Some are sites I intend to use frequently (eg chessworld.net), some infrequently (www.fics.org) and some hardly at all (www.chesscube.com).
Here are 2 more websites, which you can check out at your leisure.
The first is www.chess.com For a long time this site barely did justice to its prime net position, but over the last year it underwent a revamp. It is a hybrid game/information site, and at this stage I tend to use the latter service. You search on chess services (clubs, coaches, tournaments) that are near you, and it also has a calendar of events, which I've used to publicise Street Chess. It supports both turn based chess (think CC) as well as 'live' chess (think FICS), although the latter is buggy and comes with a health warning. Click on the button to visit.

Play Chess Online!
The second site that I've just discovered is www.yourchess.net It advertises itself as the first web 2.0 chess portal. At this stage I've checked out the front page, which looks nice, but have yet to register. When I do I'll bring you more news.

1 comment:

Chess.com said...

Hi Shaun! Thanks for the coverage :) Please let me know if you have any questions about the site. We're doing our best to be a top destination for chess players!

Erik
http://www.chess.com/members/view/erik