Tuesday 13 August 2024

Hay on Wye

 Whenever I am in the UK, I try and make the effort to visit Hay on Wye. This is renowned as a 'book town' with a large number of new and 2nd hand bookshops lining the streets. Today was the day I made my regular pilgrimage.

While coming home with a pile of chess books is often desirable, just doing some book hunting is a reward unto itself. In the end I only picked up a couple of books, although I could have probably spent another 3 hours just wandering about. For some shops there were books I already had, while others were a little out of my price range (the antiquarian collections). Sadly a few shops were all out, so I assume other collectors had been there ahead of me. 

But overall it was a worthwhile excursion, and one I plan to repeat if I am ever in this part of the world again.

No comments: