Tuesday 6 February 2018

Gratuitous Blogging

The Belconnen Chess Club has reopened for the year, which means gratuitous blogging of chess wins from me. For the first round of the 2018 University Cup I was up against Matt Radisich, which is a tougher than usual round 1 pairing.
After I plunked a knight on d5 I felt I was better, although there was a miscalculation by myself on move 27 which Matt did not take advantage of. After that I went into a R v BN ending, which normally favours the two pieces, but fortunately a combination of a better placed king, and a tactical trick missed by Matt (36.Rf1) was enough for me to convert.

Press,Shaun - Radisich,Matt [B26]
University Cup, 06.02.2018


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really absorbing game to play and thoroughly enjoyable. I also missed a tactical shot on move 26 of g5! which would have trapped the bishop on h6. After rf1 on move 36 the game was lost. Good game!

Russian Dentist In Clapham said...

It is very great that people can get to know about such information.
Russian Dentist In Clapham

Ilone said...

A great option.