Friday 31 July 2009

A trap for young players

Think of this as a community service. Here is a trap that seems to work for me time and time again. Like all good traps the White moves look plausible (indeed even winning), until the realisation that what White intended to play (8.Qxh8) is no longer a good move, as the queen on d4 protects the rook. I suspect this is an example of an 'optical' trap, as the rook is undefended, until White sacrifices the knight. By then however it is too late.

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 f5 4. Bxc6 dxc6 5. Nxe5 Qd4 (D)
6. Qh5+ g6 7. Nxg6 hxg6
8. Qxg6+ Kd8

and while White has 3 pawns for the piece, he can't hang on to them (the e pawn is going), and will suffer through a lack of development.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of hombre who loves to try innovative stuff. Presently I'm manufacturing my hold photovoltaic panels. I'm making it all by myself without the help of my staff. I'm using the net as the only path to acheive that. I ran across a really brilliant site that explains how to make photovoltaic panels and wind generators. The place explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not sure about how correct the info given there is. If some guys over here who have xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the page it will be great and I'd highly appreciate it, cauze I extremely would love to try solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U people are great.