Monday 3 November 2008

In Guildford

I'm currently visiting Guildford (just south of London). In chess terms it is the home of the very succesful Guildford-ADC chess team, which is currently leading the UK's 4 Nations Chess League. If I'm here for another night I might try and drop into the club for a game or 2.
As for the actual flight, one thing I cannot report upon is the strength of the in-flight chess program. Normally I carry out a ritual slaughter of the airlines chess program (assuming the program doesn't crash instead), but British Airways avoided this by not have a chess program available. Instead I had to make do with watching movies, although 2 of them did have some chess content. One was '2001: A Space Odessy' which has a very famous chess scene in it. The other was 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' which showed some inventive uses for giant chess pieces, although not in the traditional sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share ideas.

Great site, stick with it!
Also see my website :: xxx videos

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your weblog the usage of msn.

That is an extremely smartly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.
Here is my web-site ; Big Boobs Girlfriend