Thursday 26 September 2024

2024 Chess Olympiad - Games of Interest

 One of the tasks I did not manage to complete at the 2024 Chess Olympiad, was the compilation of 'interesting' games. Of course what makes a game 'interesting' is quite subjective, so instead I was planning to look at statistically interesting games. These were things like the shortest played game, longest win, longest draw, longest match (in terms of moves etc). Unfortunately other duties got in my way, so while I made a start on generating a list (by processing the pgn files), it was by no means complete.

So instead I'll show you a game from round 9 played by Fiji Bd 1, Manoj Kumar. It was played in the same match where his team mate Yash Maharaj won in 9 moves, but that game saw a piece blunder and a quick resignation. This game a little more meat to it.


CM Manoj Kumar vs Joshua Solomon
2024 Chess Olympiad, Round 9, 2024


No comments: