Saturday 7 October 2023

Match fitness

 In recent times I have gone into my tournament games a little under done. Unlike events like the Olympiad, I usually don't have a lot of time to prepare for club and local games. Weirdly I managed to play a good game today, and it might have something to do with a warm up event I played a few hours earlier. 

As a reward for a pretty tough two weeks of chess, I organised a Transfer tournament for the kids who attended the ACTJCL Bootcamp. It was 11 rounds, and as there was an odd number of players, I played to keep the numbers even. I even played the final 2  rounds solo, where I managed 1 win and 1 loss. Now I'm not saying that Transfer (or Bughouse) is the ideal preparation for a serious game, but possibly the act move moving the pieces (very quickly) helped get me into shape.

No comments: