Monday 8 May 2023

Mishra

 When Abhimanyu Mishra became the world's youngest GM, I was somewhat dismissive of the achievement. Not because I did not think he deserved to be a GM, or even how he achieved it, but simply because it was an easier achievement than in the past (Yes, I know I'm sounding like an old man yelling at clouds).

However Mishra, who is currently playing in the Sigeman tournament in Sweden, looks to be "walking the walk" with a strong performance against a number of other strong GM's. As I write this he has score 2 wins and 2 draws to lead the 7 round event, which includes Svidler, Gelfand and Gukesh. Despite being the bottom seed, he looks to be in the right sort of company, as shown by this interesting game.


Mishra,Abhimanyu - Van Foreest,Jorden [E11]
Sigeman (2), 06.05.2023


1 comment:

MachoM said...

He actually behaved like a really good and polite boy. He said "Thank you", when he was "allowed" to sign my tournament programme, (as all the other players do).