Thursday 28 November 2019

Short timers disease

2019 has been a pretty good chess year for me. Up until this evening I had only lost 4 long time control games all year, and 2 of those losses were against Liren Ding. So reaching the end of the calendar year, I just needed to avoid any accidents to end up with a big plus score.
Then I managed to lose the following game. It didn't get off to a good start when I misplayed the opening (Qe7 instead of d6 is book), but my opponent took a lot of time to work out what to do. So much so that after Qxb5 I was dead equal. And then I blundered!

Butler,Brian - Press,Shaun [C63]
Canberra Club Championship (9), 27.11.2019


1 comment:

Susan said...

I like your post. you are using the very attractive image in your thumbnail. I hope it will be a good story. Keep up the good work.i like your website.great work. If you're looking for the best Things to do in the world, this list has something for everybody! From adventure to culture, food to history .