Wednesday, 8 November 2017

I think my brain is full

Last night saw another epic Ian Hosking v Shaun Press match up, in a rivalry that goes back 30 years. I thought I was better out of the opening but the game ended in a draw.
It turns out I was better in the opening as Ian had misplayed it as early as move 4, but I played it too safe on move 6, missing a chance to get a bigger advantage. Checking my database after the game I realised I should have followed theory from Ian Hosking v Shaun Press that was played in 1994. So not only did I fail to calculate the best line over the board, I also failed to remember playing the line against the same opponent previously.
So here is the original game, where I played the correct 6. ... Nxf2, rather than the insipid 6. ... dxc4 I played last night.


Hosking,Ian M - Press,Shaun [C55]
Ginninderra Cup Ginninderra (6), 1994



2 comments:

dazzling said...

I must thank you for the efforts you have put in spending this site. I am hoping to out the same high-grade content by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal blog now..
Java Training in Chennai
Dot Net Training in Chennai
Cloud Computing Training in Chennai
Digital Marketing Training in Chennai
SAS Training in Chennai
SEO Training in Chennai
AWS Training in Chennai
Microsoft Azure Training in Chennai

jabashree said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog..very interesting and unique informative post..your writing is good..keep on updates.Thanks for sharing for this information.

SAP Training Institute in Chennai
SAP HR Training in Chennai
SAP SD Training in Chennai
BEST SAP BASIS Training in Chennai